Well, don't I have egg on my face in the wake of the Dolphins win over the Bengals? That's fine. I'd rather Miami win and me be wrong, than I pick them to win and they lose.
Click Here to read my fairly harsh prediction for Thursday night's game.
As you probably know by now, the Fins pulled off an overtime win against Cincinnati by a score of 22-20. The two points came from a sack-safety in the end zone of Bengals QB Andy Dalton.
While it should be noted that overtime was necessary only after the Dolphins, once again, gave up a two touchdown lead in the second half. But these things should also be noted:
1) The defense stepped up big time, with Cam Wake finally getting back to or at least close to 100 percent, after playing sparingly in the past few games. Wake pulled off the safety, along with two other sacks in the game. Other guys were also stellar on pass defense.
2) Ryan Tannehill, while not turning in an amazing performance, put in a turnover-free performance.
3) The running game came alive, and the offensive coordinator didn't veer from it. The answer to an offensive line that's not very good at pass blocking? A good running game and that's what the Fins have found, even against a team that doesn't allow a high number of yards on the ground typically.
4) Miami now has 11 days to get ready for the winless Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
5) Fun fact: The Miami Dolphins have never lost on Halloween. They are now 6-0 when playing on October 31st, going back to the 1970s.